As you can obviously see, the "Contact" link has been
replaced with one "Blog" link. Go there.
The current status of this website doesn't allow for much interaction. Let's face it, it's 2014, people don't email anymore. Including a page with an email address for feedback just isn't sufficient.
However, I don't feel like paying the server bills for a server with enough of a backbone to handle any serious traffic.
Rather, this site is fixing to include a blog, which will be hosted somewhere else and simply pointed here with DNS.
Also, there's been some slight templating changes in the meantime. Trying to bring this site into the mainstream...
Well, back to the old ways.
Back to static XHTML. Only tricks are JQuery for navigation aids/animation/etc.
My system for "compiling" the website, however, has only gotten better over time. It's as simple as editing a page in a database, adding any images/external links I need, and running a single script, which generates a static copy of the site locally.
I'm looking at doing a writeup on it here soon, along with maybe putting up a couple of templates I've worked on as well.
I added a (optional) MathML version of my pages which are a little math-intensive (combustion and hybrid fueling pages). I also replaced the old tables-based formula layout with images for the non-MML version.
Right now, it's only presentational MathML. If I feel the urge to make it semantic MML, for whatever reason, I will work on that sometime much further in the future.
As I add more electronics pages, I feel like this will become more of a thing... not that it will be anything really new.
As always, stay tuned...
Well, I've changed everything... again!
Went back to server-side scripting for a lot of the workload, as well as integrating JQuery for things like animation and navigation tree/block minimizing/maximizing... Also plan on adding some additional functionality like comments/etc.
More nerd stuff...
I switched to using JQuery for the client-side navigation stuff...
Hopefully, this will add a little more gloss.
Also, I simplified my template... should be "minimal" enough for today's tastes...
Well, I changed everything... again.
Hopefully, this should prove a little less taxing on the server, and provide for less attack vectors (not that I'm too worried about that).
We're live people!
Well, I finally got off my ass and put this site together... as of now, it's living on a local development environment (Apache, MySQL, PHP) on my laptop... I'll probably get around to uploading it sometime this weekend or later during the week if I have any free time.
I went a little out of the way in making this site... it's a lot "glossier" than I would like, but the overwhelming opinion is that the original version was too simple.